Regular SUMMER Hours
|Monday – Friday
||8:00 AM-5:00 PM
|Saturday – Sunday
Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte offers the best selection of textbooks and supplies, plus:
- UNC Charlotte 49er apparel
- A large trade book section of general interest titles
- Magazines and gifts
- Cards and convenience items
- Software and computer accessories (Link goes to B&N software partner thinkEDU; UNC Charlotte is sourced during the check-out process)
- We accept Barnes & Noble Gift cards
Commitment to value for textbooks:
- Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte has one of the lowest margins in the nation on new textbooks. Margins are the percentage bookstores add to publishers' wholesale prices to cover salaries, shipping, etc.. That means more money than ever before stays in students' pockets!
- Barnes & Noble has made rental* and eBook options available to UNC Charlotte.*
- 100% Price Match to all local textbook prices for the same, in-stock book.
- Biggest selection of used books, sold at 75% of the new book price.
- One of the best buy-back programs in the UNC system. If an instructor lets us know before buy-back begins that a book is being used again the following semester, you'll receive 50% of the original price paid (until enrollment levels are reached). And if you find a local buy-back offer higher, we'll match it!
- Knowledgeable staff, all closely familiar with UNC Charlotte faculty and class schedules, and will make sure you get the right materials needed for each course.
* Not all texts qualify for rental. They include: older editions, texts packaged with software or other items and loose-leaf or perforated page books.
No-worry textbook returns:
- 100% refund for textbooks with receipt and drop slip, up to the end of the drop period.
- For any textbook, you have up to a week after the start of classes to return it for a full refund (with receipt and in its original condition).
Buy vs. Rent: Factors to Consider
Bookstore Advance Program (BAP)