UNC Charlotte offers dining and meal plan locations across campus. Here's an image map, here's a pdf map.
Daily Menus and Upcoming Dining Events
All-you-care-to-eat buffet and meal-plan dining
Located on the second level of the Student Union, Crown Commons is sure to please every taste and every mood because almost everything is cooked-to-order right in front of you. Choices include:
- Pizza – made in a state-of-the-art gas fired oven.
- "Home cooking kitchen" – comfort foods and rotisserie chicken.
- Deli – fresh sliced meats, cheeses and fresh toppings, piled high on just-baked French bread.
- Grilling station - burgers and other American favorites grilled or charbroiled as you direct.
- International Fare - Flavors from around the world continuously rotate.
- Soup and Salad stations - Build the salad of your dreams and then let the chef make it sizzle with grilled steak, chicken, or tofu.
- Waffle Bar - everything provided for Belgian waffles with all kinds of toppings.
- Cereal Bar - Several varieties of your favorite cereals always available with cold milk.
- Daily vegan entrée and vegetarian and abundant vegetarian meat-free offerings.
- Gluten-free area- ask the chef for special dishes prepared gluten-free
SoVi at South Village Crossing
OPENS Tuesday, January 6: Enjoy all-you-care-to-eat access to SoVi, located near Hunt Hall and the highrises (Moore, Sanford, Scott, Holshouser). SoVi is designed with an "action station" model, much like Crown Commons, where almost all the cooking is on open display and prepared made-to-order. It will feature:
- an Asian station with a Teppanyaki grill (Japanese-style iron griddle),
- a Euro station with two Evo grills (round cook tops that offer a healthy cooking method and social interaction with the chef),
- an Italian area that will serve pasta, pizza and other favorites from two gas-fired ovens,
- a deli with hearth oven for toasted sandwiches and melts,
- an extensive salad bar where proteins can be ordered custom made and sizzling hot to top your leafy greens, and
- more choices than ever available for vegans, vegetarians and those with certain dietary restrictions (such as gluten sensitivity).
- seasonal dining terrace that overlooks Davis Lake
Also at South Village Crossing:
- SoVi2Go - where meal swipes can be used for take-out entrees, sandwiches and snacks (DB, ODA, cash and credit/debit accepted also).
- SoVi Market + Bakery where fresh baked goods and convenience items are available along with made-to-order deli sandwiches. Open until 11:30 PM every night of the week.
- The Den by Denny's - diner fare and later hour option featuring several of the Grand Slam™ choices that Denny's made famous!
Crown Commons/SoVi and SoVi2Go line rate (DB, ODA, cash, debit or credit)
What's on the menu? Daily menus for dining halls can be found here.
Campus Dining for Vegetarians and Vegans
Atkins Cafe: A coffee shop that proudely serves Peet's Coffee and Teas. Enjoy your favorite coffee shop drinks along with fresh bakery goods, sandwiches, smoothies, soups-of-the-day and a large selection of bottled specialty juices, energy and soft drinks.
Barnhardt Student Activity Center
- Papa John's Pizza; When this location is not open, Papa John's on JW Clay Blvd. accepts ODA and DB for delivery orders, 704-503-5032.
Main Street Market
A weekday lunchtime spot with:
- Bojangles Express
- Use Your Noodle - noodle bowls prepared as you direct
- Sushi with Gusto - fresh sushi
- Au Bon Pain soups
- Grab-and-go salads and sandwiches, soft drinks, yogurt, juices, and coffee.
Fretwell Cafe: Also serving Peet's Coffee and Teas, fresh bakery goods, sandwiches, smoothies, soups-of-the-day and a large selection of bottled specialty juices, energy and soft drinks.
North Food Court
- Za-tar - Mediterranean cuisine featuring customizable Greek salads and pita sandwiches with your choice of spit-sliced beef/lamb gyro meat, herbed chicken, or falafel, with fresh sides of tabbouleh, lentils, or hummus.
- Mamma Leone's
- Mondo Subs
- soup and salad bar
- grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, sushi, and snacks
- breakfast bar (8:00 am - 10:30 am)
- Gold Room Faculty/Staff dining room
South Food Court
Orbis Grille at PORTAL
- Featuring fresh lunch fare, salads, sandwiches and special featured dishes with "global flavors"
- Evo grill action station - a round cook top that offers a healthy cooking method to give your salad, sandwich or lunch entree some sizzle.
Union Square - Main Level
Afood court featuring popular, national brands such as:
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Mamma Leone's
- Outtakes - Student Union. Featuring a deli counter for made-to-order sandwiches plus grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, snacks beverages and convenience store items.
Bistro 49 - 2nd floor, Student Union
- Bistro 49 offers a leisurely luncheon experience with table services. Featuring bright ambience, an open kitchen and nouvelle cuisine menu that changes with the seasons.
UNC Charlotte Center City Building
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Regular Spring Hours
|8:30 AM-8:00 PM
||8:00 AM-2:30 PM