All-you-care-to-eat buffet and meal-plan dining
Located on the second level of the Student Union, Crown Commons is sure to please every taste and every mood. Almost everything is cooked-to-order right in front of you. Choices include:
- Pizza – made in a state-of-the-art gas fired oven
- Home Cooking Kitchen – comfort foods and rotisserie chicken
- Deli – fresh sliced meats, cheeses, and fresh toppings piled high on just-baked French bread
- Grilling Station – burgers and other American favorites grilled or charbroiled as you direct
- International Fare – flavors from around the world continuously rotate
- Soup and Salad Stations – build the salad of your dreams and then let the chef make it sizzle with grilled steak, chicken, or tofu
- Waffle Bar – everything provided for Belgian waffles with all kinds of toppings
- Cereal Bar – several varieties of your favorite cereals always available with cold milk
- Vegan & Vegetarian Entrée – abundant vegetarian meat-free offerings
- Gluten-Free – ask the chef for special dishes prepared gluten-free
SoVi at South Village Crossing
Enjoy all-you-care-to-eat access to SoVi, located near Hunt Hall and the highrises (Moore, Sanford, Scott, Holshouser). SoVi is designed with an "action station" model, much like Crown Commons, where almost all the cooking is on open display and prepared made-to-order. It features:
- Asian Station with a Teppanyaki grill (Japanese-style iron griddle)
- Euro Station with two Evo grills (round cook tops that offer a healthy cooking method and social interaction with the chef)
- Italian Hearth that serving pasta, pizza, and other favorites from two gas-fired ovens
- A Deli with hearth oven for toasted sandwiches and melts
- An extensive Salad Bar where proteins can be ordered custom made and sizzling hot to top your leafy greens
- More choices than ever available for Vegans, Vegetarians and those dining Gluten-Free (as well as other dietary restrictions)
- Plus a seaonal Dining Terrace that overlooks Davis Lake
Also at South Village Crossing:
- SoVi2Go! where meal swipes can be used for take-out entreés, sandwiches, and snacks (DB, ODA, cash, and credit/debit accepted also).
- SoVi Market + Bakery where fresh-baked goods and convenience items are available along with made-to-order deli sandwiches. Open until 11:30 PM every night of the week.
- The Den by Denny's with diner fare featuring several of the Grand Slam™ choices that Denny's made famous – and open until 12:00 AM every night!
If not using a meal swipe, Crown Commons/SoVi and SoVi2Go line rate (DB, ODA, cash, debit or credit):
- Breakfast $7.00
- Lunch/Brunch $8.95
- Dinner $10.25
What's on the menu?
Daily and upcoming menus for dining halls can be found here.