- Express Mail – Domestic & International
- Priority Mai – Domestic & International
- Registered Mail
- Certified Mail
- Certificates of Mailings
- Signature/Delivery Confirmation
- Bulk Mail & Package Services
- Post Cards
- Delivery to Residence Halls
- USPS Shipping
- Packaging Supplies
Mail & Package Services is a fully-operational Postal Contract Station, capable of services equivalent to that of a U.S. Post Office. Packages are shipped and received through the United States Postal Service.
Please be sure to enter 6-digit index/fund number in the PDF before printing. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our form instructions. Doing so will allow Mail & Package Services to continue serving the UNC Charlotte community quickly and effectively. Thanks!
If you get mail for someone else delivered to your mail box place it in the Misdelivered/Missent mail slot (located next to the Outgoing Mail Slot). DO NOT throw misdelivered mail away; it may be important to someone, and tampering with mail that does not belong to you is a Federal offense punishable by law.
Change of Address
If you have a permanent address change, fill out the Change of Address form, or you can pick it up at the Mail & Package Services Center. Change of Address cards must be submitted to Mail & Package Services before mail is forwarded.
Send Mail to a Student
If you are trying to send mail to a Residence Hall Student, here's an example of how to address the envelope.
Mail & Package Services provides residence hall box delivery service as a convenience to students as well as departmental deliveries.
Postage Saving Tips
- For mailings with more than 5 pages, fold in half and place in a 6˝x 9˝ envelope and save an average of 41 cents. (Do not use an envelope with a clasp; there is an extra non-machinable USPS service fee.)
- Screen your mailing list for unnecessary names, duplicates and incomplete addresses.
- Do not over-insure. USPS will pay only the actual value of an item, not the declared value.
- Use postcards for short messages or announcements. The cost is 33 cents instead of the letter rate of 46 cents.
- Double side your inserts to keep the weight down on your mail piece.
- Combine mailings when possible into a larger envelope for distribution at the same location.
- Use Business Reply envelopes provided by vendors, instead of department envelopes.
- FAX the information when time is crucial, instead of using Express mail.
- If you use Priority mail, use the envelopes and boxes provided by the USPS. These supplies are free and can be ordered on-line at USPS.com.
- Request Media Mail rate when mailing printed materials. Savings can be as much as 50% of the cost of 1st class mail.
- Call UNC Charlotte Mail & Package Services, 704-687-0383 where experienced professionals can advise you on the best ways to save postage cost.