April 8, 2013
The Green and White spring football game is Saturday April 20 at 1:00 pm, and the Game Day parking and traffic management plan will be in full effect beginning that morning. If you have a single game ticket or plan to buy one at the gate, you must either purchase a Game Day parking permit online (for Union Deck or West Deck) or you may pay $10.00 in cash to park in the Cash Lot at Cone Deck. (All parking for the spring game is $10). Regular UNC Charlotte parking permits are not valid for the April 20 spring game and future football game days.
If you're not going to the game but plan to be on campus that day, here's what you can expect:
- High traffic, restricted parking and restrained movement around campus from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. Unless you have game tickets, class, pressing business, or just want to be "part of the scene," you are advised to avoid campus between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- The only entrances/exits to/from campus that day will be the Main Entrance from University City Blvd. (Hwy 49) and the Mary Alexander Rd. and Cameron Blvd. entrances from John Kirk Rd. (see map below). All other entrances will be restricted to game ticket holders who have Game Day parking passes. (These passes determine how ticket holders will enter campus.)
- Phillips Road will be closed to all but emergency and service vehicles.
- Non-event parking for Visitors is limited to East Deck 1. Gates will be down and visitors must pay the normal fee ($1/half hour - $10 max)
- For those with UNC Charlotte Parking Permits
- C Permits will be limited to North Deck and East Decks 2 and 3 and student tailgating lots 5, 5A and 6.
- R Permits will be limited to R Lots and North Deck.
- F/S Permits will be limited to parking in East Deck 1 (if you have purchased premium F/S area access) East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and North Deck.
- All other lots and decks will be used for football ticket holder reserved parking and paid Visitor parking.
- Student Tailgating
- Student Tailgating will be in Lots 5, 5A and 6 on game day; entrance only by John Kirk Rd. to Van Landingham Rd.
- A UNC Charlotte Commuter (C) or Resident (R) Parking Permit is required for access to student tailgating lots.
- Tailgating lots will open at 9:00 am on Saturday, April 20.
Important Information for Faculty/Staff
- Faculty/Staff permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots assigned for football event parking.
- Reserved spaces located in game day parking lots will not be available on football game days.
- F/S Permits will be limited to parking in East Deck 1 (if you have purchased premium F/S area access) East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and North Deck. All other lots and decks will be used for football ticket holder reserved parking and paid Visitor parking.
- East Deck 1 will be the non-game Visitor parking area; gates will be down and Visitor rates will apply to all except those Faculty/Staff who have purchased premium “gated” F/S parking with their permit.
- Any University-owned vehicle needing access to the football complex will need a specific permit from Parking and Transportation Services. Please call 704-687-0161 for requirements and additional information.
- Employees who are scheduled to work football events (e.g., dining staff, work crews) will be given a specific permit to park in the upper levels of Union Deck. Please contact your supervisor for details.
Important Information for Resident Students
- Please tell any friends/relatives who plan to visit you on Saturday, April 20, that they will be required to park in East Deck 1 Visitors parking and pay the normal Visitor fee ($1/half hour - $10 max) unless they have a Game Day prepaid permit or park in the Cash Lot at Cone Center.
- Residents who park in Lot 25 (on Cameron, across from Wallis)
- You must move your vehicle by midnight Friday, April 19 or risk being towed. Lot 25 is designated for FSL holder tailgating on Saturday, April 20 and all future football game days.
- Please park your vehicle in North Deck or another R lot (except 8, 8A and MSU which require permits specific to those lots).
- South Village Residents:
- Parking in Lots 8, 8A and MSU is restricted to those with permits specific to that area and will be enforced.
- Campus Shuttle Rt. 47N, weekend service from South Village to North Deck, will run on a regular schedule, but the route will be altered according to the Game Day traffic circulation plan.
More Game Day parking information available here.