Here are the changes you can expect, by location.
Panda Express and Asian Eatery by Panda Express
- Soon, the delightful aromas from Chinese dishes like orange chicken, broccoli beef and honey walnut shrimp will fill Main Street Market. Soups will also be served daily.
- Fresh sushi will be made at the adjoining Asian Eatery counter.
- Opening for Panda Express and Asian Eatery expected after Labor Day.
- Subway will reopen Monday, August 24; hours will be 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Thursday, 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM Friday.
- Subway will add soups to the menu this year.
- Use Your Noodle, Sushi with Gusto, Au Bon Pain Soups and Bojangles’ Express.
- Bojangles’ has moved to the Student Union and Au Bon Pain soups will remain available at Atkins Café.
Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ’n Biscuits
- Expansion to the Student Union brings Bo’s full menu to UNC Charlotte, including bone-in chicken and all the favorite sides and of course, that legendary iced tea.
- Hours will be 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday and Sunday.
Mamma Leone’s; but Mamma’s in Prospector will remain.
- Crown Commons will have a “reset” period on weekends, closing after brunch at 2:00 PM, reopening for dinner at 5:00 PM.
- Hours at Bistro 49 will be 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Feisty’s - for breakfast!
Dining Services first introduced made-to-order breakfast sandwiches on artisanal bread at Feisty’s this summer and they’ve been well very received. Read about it.
Continental breakfast bar (at Prospector upper level salad bar).
Chick-fil-A, Mamma Leone’s, Za’tar, Mondo Subs and the soup and salad bar will close at 2:00 PM on Fridays, one hour earlier than last year. (Salsarita’s will stay open until 3:00 PM Fridays, same as before.)
South Village Crossing
- Expansion of returnable container program at SoVi2Go. For just $8, you can become a member of the SoVi2Go program. You’ll get two reusable containers (one small round and one large compartmentalized square) to use when you visit SoVi2Go. You can also just buy one container of whichever size you choose for $5.
- How it works: Just swipe your card and fill a container with your take-out meal. The next time you visit SoVi2Go, bring the back the used container in exchange for a clean on for your next take-out meal.
- SoVi2Go is open Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM until 9:00 PM. Reusable container program is only available for use at SoVi2Go.
The Den’s hours will be Monday – Sunday, 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM this year. The one hour earlier closing time aligns service times better with SafeRide evening transportation.