In addition to your meal plan, both the 49er Account and the Optional Dining Account reside on your Charlotte 49er ID Card. Simply make a deposit and the accounts are instantly activated! Compare accounts
A 49er ID card allows access to:
- Campus housing
- Campus activities and programs
- Athletic events and recreational facilities
- Computer labs
- Student Health Center
The 49er ID card also serves as a:
- Meal plan card
- Library card
- CATS All-Transit Pass
- Secondary credential for parking
And holds funds for:
- 49er Account
- Optional Dining Account (ODA)
To get a 49er ID card, you'll need:
- To be registered for classes
- One valid proof of identification such as a driver's license, state issued ID or passport
- Proof of university status such as acceptance letter, class schedule or tuition bill
- Student ID number that begins with 800 or 801 (assigned at acceptance; appears on the acceptance letter)
For students attending classes at the Center City Building in Uptown Charlotte: To have your photo taken uptown at Center City, please call ahead and schedule an appointment by calling 704-687-1517. Appointments are typically available weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Students attending Center City also have the option to visit the Meal Plans/49er Card Office located in the Auxiliary Services Building or the ID Card Office located in Popp Martin Student Union, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
49er ID Cards have contactless technology
The 49er ID Card contains a chip within that allows for tapping at card readers, indicated by this icon. Most point-of- sale registers allow for tapping, as do many residence halls.
49er ID Cards include two sets of numbers: one that identifies the card and one that identifies the person to whom the card belongs. The nine-digit number that appears under the barcode is your permanent UNC Charlotte ID number. It begins with 800 or 801 and is linked to your University records. This number does not change and will be the one you use most.
The 16-digit card number is a secure numerical standard that links each card transaction to you. The number will change if the card is ever replaced.
Acctivation of card accounts and features
- Immediately available: Door access, meal plans, campus spending accounts
- Next business day: Parking gate access, key boxes, Kronos
- Within 5 business days: CATS Transit Pass
Do not punch or drill a hole in your 49er ID Card
This may damage the chip and cause the contactless feature to stop working. If you choose to punch holes in your card, you are responsible for the cost of replacement ($20.00) if it no longer works.
The 49er ID card is property of UNC Charlotte. It must be carried at all times and presented to University officials upon request. Card is nontransferable. Unauthorized use or alteration warrants confiscation and/or disciplinary action. Return found cards to the 49er Card Office.