Both the 49er Account and the Optional Dining Account (ODA) reside on your 49er ID Card. Make a deposit and the accounts are instantly activated! Transfer of funds between accounts is not permitted. Please make your selection carefully.
The easy, smart way to purchase goods and services on campus.
This account may be used at over 100 locations including:
- All campus dining locations including athletic events and theater concessions
- All campus retail locations: Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte Bookstore, NinerTech, Campus Salon, Union Station and REPROS Copy Center
- Atkins Library (fines)
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Mail & Package Services
- Campus vending machines and Smart Markets
- Self-service copiers and pay-for-print printers in the library and labs
- Residence hall laundry facilities
Advantages of using 49er Account
- Helpful budgeting tool; cannot be overdrawn or incur overdraft charges
- Safe and secure
- Convenient – no need to carry cash or get change
- May be used all over campus (retailer gift cards are only accepted at Starbucks and Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte Bookstore)
- May be added to instantly online, 24 hours a day
- Minimum for online deposit is $5.00.
- To make a guest deposit to a cardholder’s 49er Account, you will need their UNCC ID (800/801) number.
- Funds carry over semester to semester, year to year, as long as enrolled
How much to put on the 49er Account?
The average student spends about $200 per semester for school supplies, convenience store items, laundry, vending and pay-for-print copies.
Deposit funds Into 49er Account
- Online: 49er Account
- In person at the 49er Card Office in the Auxiliary Services Building or at the Student Union ID Card office
- By mail: Send check or money order to the 49er Card Office, 9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223. Be sure to include the student's UNC Charlotte ID number and make checks payable to UNC Charlotte – 49er Account.
- VTS machines: Located on the first and second floors of the Atkins Library and the Center City Building 11th Floor Library. VTS machines accept cash deposits only to the 49er Account and do not dispense change.
Upon separation from the University, any remaining monies over $10.00 are refundable by completing the 49er Acct/ODA Refund form. 49er Accounts that are inactive for a period of six (6) months will be assessed a $1.00 per month inactivity charge for each inactive month thereafter.
Optional Dining Account (ODA)
A dining debit account for campus dining locations.
Optional Dining Account is exclusively for dining
- Can be used at any campus dining location, including athletic concessions and convenience stores.
- Available to all students, faculty and staff.
- Funds do not expire; unused balance rolls over semester to semester, year to year.
Advantages of Optional Dining Account
- Pre-paid dining debit account that can supplement a meal plan or be used for campus dining convenience.
- For any resident student, ODA can supplement a meal plan. It's also a sensible choice for students who commute or live in Wallace Hall, Greek Village or on-campus apartments.
- Seasonal reward incentives for money spent on ODA. The more you deposit, the more bonus meal swipes you earn! Watch for promotions in the fall and spring.
- Deposits can be made anytime during the year.
- Requires a minimum deposit of $5.
- To make a guest deposit to a cardholder’s ODA Account, you will need their UNCC ID (800/801) number.
Deposit Funds Into Your ODA
- Online: Optional Dining Account
- In person at either the 49er Card Office located in the Auxiliary Services Building or at the ID Card Office located in Popp Martin Student Union.
- By mail: Send check or money order to the 49er Card Office, 9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223. Be sure to include the student's UNC Charlotte ID number and make checks payable to UNC Charlotte – ODA.
Upon separation from the university, any remaining monies over $10 are refundable by completing the 49er Acct/ODA Refund form. Optional Dining Accounts that are inactive for a period of six (6) months will be assessed a $1 per month inactivity charge for each inactive month thereafter.
Transfer of funds between the accounts is not permitted. Please make your selection carefully.