Lost or Stolen 49er Card

If your 49er ID Card is lost or stolen, you should suspend the use of your card online as soon as possible using 49er Card Online.

You can also report a lost or stolen card immediately either in person or by telephone to the 49er Card Office (704-687-7337) or the ID Office (704-687-7040) during normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

When a card is lost or stolen, the account balance cannot be protected until the card is reported and suspended. You may go to the Meal Plans &49er Card Office or the Student Union ID Office or to have card reinstated if it is later found or to purchase a new card.

There is a $20 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Temporary Cards may be issued at no cost and may be used for seven (7) days, after which the cards must be returned and new card may be purchased for $20.

Replacement cards are made at the ID Office (127 Popp Martin Student Union) or the Meal Plans/49er Card Office (175 Auxiliary Services Bldg.) during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The cardholder bears sole responsibility for any funds spent between the time the card was lost or stolen and the time it is reported.