The 49er Card’s online photo submission process enables UNC Charlotte students, faculty, staff, and guests to upload a photo to be used on their 49er ID Card. Cardholders are encouraged to submit their photo online prior to obtaining a new or replacement card. Photos are typically approved within 24 business hours.
Photo Submission Guidelines
Your ID Card photo must be a current picture of you taken in accordance with the U.S Department of State Passport Standards. See the criteria listed below for acceptable and non-acceptable images.
- Current color photo in .jpg format
- White smooth background required
- Centered, front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone
- Proper lighting
- Eyes open and visible
- Straight face or smile
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so
- Head coverings allowed if you wear it daily for religious purposes
- Full face must be visible
- Covering cannot obscure hairline or cast shadows on face
- Wearing a hat, sunglasses, or anything that obscures the face
- No shadows on the face, glare on glasses, or red eye
- Other visible people or objects in the photo
- No props or hand gestures allowed
- Inappropriate expressions
- Copyrighted images
If your photo has not been accepted, you will receive an email with an explanation and a link for re-submission. All communication from the 49er Card Office will be sent to your UNC Charlotte email address.
49er Card Pickup
Once your photo is submitted and approved (you will be notified by email), you may make an appointment with the 49er Card and Meal Plan Office in Auxiliary Services Building, open weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. An appointment is required. You must bring your student number and present a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, state ID or passport. If you do not have the proper identity verification documents, you will not be able to pick up your 49er Card.
If submitting for replacement of a lost or stolen card, there is a $20 fee.
Accepted Forms of ID
Examples of accepted forms of ID include:
- Active driver’s license or state ID card issued by any U.S. state or territory
- Active U.S. passport or passport card
- Canadian drivers license or passport
- Foreign passport with active U.S. visa
- U.S. green card (permanent resident card)
- U.S. military ID
These items will not be accepted as valid IDs:
- A photocopied ID of any kind
- High school ID
- ID from another college or university
- Foreign passport without U.S. visa
- Foreign driver's license
How to Submit Your Photo Online
- Log in to eCard.
- Select Profile in the Upper left corner menu bar.
- Under Personal Information click the Click to submit a new photo link to open the online photo upload window. A new browser tab will open.
- Follow the on screen instructions to upload your photo.
- When finished selecting and cropping your photo, click Submit this photo. A confirmation window will display and your photo is pending approval.
If you have any questions please contact the 49er Card Office
at 704-687-7337 or at 49erCard@uncc.edu.