Information for New Faculty and Staff
We can’t wait to give you access to all the programs and services that campus has to offer with your new 49er ID card!
Once you receive an email from the 49er Card ID Office confirming that your information has been entered into our system, you should upload your photo online to ensure that your card is waiting for you on your first day of work.
Photo Submission is required for advance printing of your ID card and your photo must be received at least one week prior to your start date. If you submit your photo on time, you’ll receive a free ID holder.
Faculty/Staff 49er Card Benefits
Your 49er card gives you access to spaces around campus and allows you to take advantage of additional benefits. Once you pick up your 49er Card from Human Resources, you will be able to use your card to:
- access parking decks as a secondary credential if license plate recognition fails in lots and decks with gates;
- gain entry into buildings and rooms on campus with proper permissions;
- make vending, dining and retail purchases using funds on your 49er Account, Faculty/Staff meal plan and Optional Dining Account;
- ride CATS buses and Lynx light rail with the purchase of a discounted all-access transit pass;
- swipe into the gym with the purchase of an affordable University Recreation membership;
- check out library materials from Atkins Library; and
- clock in and out of Kronos (if available in your area).
Instructions for Online Submission
To submit your photo:
- Snap a picture of yourself on a plain white backdrop
- Upload it to our online portal under the Profile tab
- Crop the image around your head
- Submit the photo
Questions? Read more about our photo submission guidelines.