Ink Spot Printing is a "print from anywhere" solution that allows you to print to any Ink Spot-enabled device (printer or multi-function copy/print device). Students no longer have to use a computer in a lab or the library to print their documents. Faculty and staff may also enjoy the convenience of being able to make personal prints* from many points on campus. Just look for the Ink Spot logo or refer to the Ink Spot location list below. [*Ink Spot printing only works with the 49erAccount; no departmental copy cards, guest cards, or codes.]
How it Works
See instructions below for how to print with any of these methods:
- Print from any Internet-connected computer via:
- Print from WiFi-enabled laptop, notebook tablet or smartphone
- Using the free PrinterOn App (available for iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- Print using your UNC Charlotte email account
- Print an email, with or without attachments
1. Open any web browser; direct to inkspot.uncc.edu/cps.
2. Click PRINT.
3. Enter NinerNET Username and Password and click LOG IN.
4. Choose Black & White (InkSpot-BW) or Color (InkSpot-Color).
5. Choose to either upload a document by clicking BROWSE and selecting a document on your computer, or choose to print a web page by typing the URL or copying & pasting a web address. You may enter the number of copies and the page range, then click CONTINUE.
6. Choose to change the page settings, or simply leave the default settings in place, then click CONTINUE.
7. The job will be submitted and upon completion of the job, you will receive a message informing you the job is complete. You will be prompted to log out or print another job, or choose another printer (you'd pick this if you're changing from black & white to color or vice versa).
For an interactive, window-by-window demo, click on the link for the device you'll be using:
2. Once the app is open, you must set up your "User Account" and "Services" options. To do this enter your NinerNET Username & Password under “settings” (make sure “PrinterOn Hosted” is toggled on). Select the "check" mark to confirm. Click the arrow to go back and select “Services”, select “Add Service”, enter the server name as inkspot.uncc.edu (make sure SSL is toggled on). Select the "check" mark to confirm and your information will automatically be saved.
3. To print, documents may be accessed through a web browser, an email account, or cloud-based storage such as the Box Cloud app on your smart phone. Open with "Open in" feature. When the document is open, click the arrow in the upper right hand corner of your screen, and select “Open in PrinterOn.”
4. Search for Ink Spot locations by selecting “No Printer Selected” then select “Search" and type “UNC Charlotte” into the search bar. Choose between two print options: UNC Charlotte Black & White or UNC Charlotte Color, then press “Select” followed by “Print.” (Figures A and B)
For frequent users, save the printer to avoid searching every time. Select "Search”, type "UNC Charlotte" and select the “i” to the right of "UNC Charlotte Black & White" or "UNC Charlotte Color". A "Details" page will appear. Select ”Save” in the upper left. Your saved printers will appear going forward.
5. The job will be submitted and upon completion, you will receive a confirmation message that your job was submitted successfully.
1. Open your UNC Charlotte email.
2. Compose a message, with or without attachments, or forward an existing email.
3. Enter the Ink Spot email address:
- for B&W printing, the email address is email@example.com
- for color printing, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Send the email and release your document(s) at any Ink Spot enabled device.
Note: When you arrive at the device, if your email includes an attachment you will see more than one item to release (1. the attachment(s) and 2. the text within the email itself). You may choose to release both, or just one.
To release your print job:
Printing from Copiers (Multi-Function Machines):
- Swipe your 49er Card
- Select “Follow You”
- When prompted with a screen that displays “Release Key,” hit the Start button on the machine
- Any and all jobs that have been sent to print will be displayed on the screen. Select one or all jobs you’d like to print, and select “Print” in the upper left corner of the screen
- Screen will display the number of pages to be printed, printing costs, etc.
- Any jobs selected will print and automatically be deleted from queue.
- Select “Log Out”
Printing from Printers (Stand-alone Printers):
- Before releasing your print job, please check to make sure the appropriate paper size is loaded in the device.
- At the startup screen, select “Log On”
- Enter NinerNET Username & Password, click “OK”
- The selected printer will be displayed automatically, click “OK
- Any and all jobs that have been sent to print will be displayed on the screen. Select one or all jobs you’d like to print, click “Print”
- Swipe your 49er Card
- Jobs will print and the computer will automatically log you out
Ink Spot Printing Locations
|10||*Atkins Library - 1st Floor||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|11||*Atkins Library - 2nd Floor Lab||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|16||*Center City - Room 802||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|20||*College of Education CoEd Break Room 109||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|26||*Atkins Library - Ground Level||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|27||*Fretwell - Room 321||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|33||*Friday - Room 338||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|65||*Martin Hall - Lobby||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|71||*Center City - Library, Room 1101||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|72||*College of Health and Human Services - Room 293||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|76||*Prospector - Lower Level||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|85||*Storrs - 200 Lab (COA Library)||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|86||*Belk Hall - Lobby||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|87||*Student Union - Room 123 (Union Station)||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|113||*Woodward - 1st Floor (Lounge)||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|123||*Hunt Hall - Lobby||MPc300||8.5x11; 8.5x14 (manual feed)|
|8||*Atkins Library - 1st Floor Lab (left side)||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|
|28||*Colvard - Room 2301||SPc820dn||8.5x11; 8.5x14; 11x17|