Fall 2020 meal plan selection changes
Due to delayed in-person instruction, students who do not use their assigned meal plan on or before Sept. 25, 2020, will automatically be refunded and assigned to the amended meal plan associated with their current plan.
Please read the revised fall 2020 meal plan information page before submitting a request to change or cancel your meal plan.
The deadline for upperclassmen and commuter students to request a change in their meal plan without incurring a $25 administrative fee is Sept. 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. The final deadline to change or cancel a non-required meal plan for fall 2020 is Oct. 9, 2020, at noon.
First-year students living on campus
First-year students living on campus are required to have the Daily Plan and may not request a change. Even if you enter with college credits, you are considered a first-year applicant if you have not taken any college courses since graduating high school.
First-year students who do not use their meal plan on or before Sept. 25, will be automatically assigned to the Amended Daily Plan.
If you use your meal plan on or before Sept. 25, you will be charged for the The Daily Plan at the full rate.
Residents and commuters making changes to plan
Please review the meal plan FAQs before making changes.
Adding a meal plan
Students may purchase a meal plan at any time.
- Meal plans (e.g., The Daily Plan, 160/400, or 100/400) purchased after or to be used after Sept. 25, 2020, will be prorated at the amended price with reduced swipes and DB amounts.
- Straight Declining Balance plans will be billed in full for the amount of the plan, regardless of when the plan is purchased.
No meal plan changes or cancellations for fall 2020 may be made after Friday, Oct. 2, 2020, at noon.
New for academic year 2020-21
If you use your meal plan on or before Sept. 25, 2020, the following apply:
- If changing to a different block meal plan, any meal swipe or declining balance usage will transfer to the new meal plan.
- If a cancellation of a non-required meal plan is approved, any meal swipe usage will convert to the dining hall door rate and deducted from your refund; any declining balance usage will also be deducted from the overall refund.
- If changing from a block plan to straight DB plan, any meal swipe usage will convert to the dining hall door rate and will be deducted from the total value of the Straight DB plan; any declining balance usage will also be deducted from the total plan.
If you use your meal plan after Sept. 25, 2020, the following apply:
- If changing to a different block meal plan, any meal swipe usage will transfer to the new meal plan; the original declining balance portion will remain unchanged.
- If a cancellation of a non-required meal plan is approved, swipes will be refunded on a prorated basis, and the declining balance will remain unchanged to be used throughout the academic year purchased.
- If changing from a block plan to a straight DB plan, the meal swipe portion from the block plan will be refunded at a prorated rate. The associated DB portion will be refunded based on use. The straight DB plan requested will be added in its entirety.
Changes or cancellations of fall 2020 non-required meal plans may be made by Sept. 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. without incurring a $25 administrative fee. The deadline to change or cancel a non-required meal plan is Oct. 9 at noon.
Need help deciding?
If you would like some help determining which meal plan is a good fit, check out our Meal Plan Selection Tool below. Fill out a few questions, and we will make a recommendation based on your meal plan eligibility, frequency of eating on campus and dietary restrictions.