- Campus mailbox rental
- Express Mail – domestic and international
- Priority Mail – domestic and international
- Registered mail
- Packaging supplies
- Postage stamps
- Certified mail
- Signature/delivery confirmation
- Bulk mail and package services
- Money orders
- Daily mail delivery to residence halls
- USPS shipping
- Certificates of mailings
Mail & Package Services is a fully-operational Postal Contract Station, capable of services equivalent to that of a U.S. Post Office. Packages are shipped and received through the United States Postal Service.
Please be sure to enter 6-digit index/fund number in the PDF before printing. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our form instructions. Doing so will allow Mail & Package Services to continue serving the UNC Charlotte community quickly and effectively. Thanks!
- Domestic Mail (Blue Slip)
- International Mail (Gold Slip)
- Departmental Invoice (faculty/staff purchase of postage and supplies)
If you get mail for someone else delivered to your mail box place it in the Misdelivered/Missent mail slot (located next to the Outgoing Mail Slot). DO NOT throw misdelivered mail away; it may be important to someone, and tampering with mail that does not belong to you is a Federal offense punishable by law.
Change of Address
If you have a permanent address change, fill out the Change of Address form, or you can pick it up at the Mail & Package Services Center. Change of Address cards must be submitted to Mail & Package Services before mail is forwarded.
If you are trying to send mail to a Residence Hall Student, place your name and return address in the top left corner of the envelope. In the center of the envelope, provide the following:
Student name (e.g., Norm Niner)
Room number and residence hall (e.g., 49 Martin Hall)
UNC Charlotte street address (e.g., 9201 University City Blvd.)
UNC Charlotte city, state and zip code (e.g., Charlotte, NC 28223)
Here's an image of how to address the envelope.
Mail & Package Services provides residence hall box delivery service as a convenience to students as well as departmental deliveries.
Postage Saving Tips
- For mailings with more than 5 pages, fold in half and place in a 6˝x 9˝ envelope and save an average of 41 cents. (Do not use an envelope with a clasp; there is an extra non-machinable USPS service fee.)
- Screen your mailing list for unnecessary names, duplicates and incomplete addresses.
- Do not over-insure. USPS will pay only the actual value of an item, not the declared value.
- Use postcards for short messages or announcements. The cost is 33 cents instead of the letter rate of 46 cents.
- Double side your inserts to keep the weight down on your mail piece.
- Combine mailings when possible into a larger envelope for distribution at the same location.
- Use Business Reply envelopes provided by vendors, instead of department envelopes.
- FAX the information when time is crucial, instead of using Express mail.
- If you use Priority mail, use the envelopes and boxes provided by the USPS. These supplies are free and can be ordered on-line at USPS.com.
- Request Media Mail rate when mailing printed materials. Savings can be as much as 50% of the cost of 1st class mail.
- Call UNC Charlotte Mail & Package Services, 704-687-0383 where experienced professionals can advise you on the best ways to save postage cost.