Grab your sweater and hit the light rail for a weekend full of fall fun! This weekend’s edition comes with not one, but TWO opportunities to snuggle dogs.
- Come check out the all new Topgolf Swing Suite opening in Uptown. This concept takes everything you love about Topgolf and adds a luxury suite. Here you’ll be able to engage with state-of-the-art simulators that allow you play golf, baseball, zombie dodgeball, carnivals games, hockey, and soccer. Check it out for free on Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Ride the light rail to 7th Street Station and then walk one block up to College Street.
- Indulge in an evening of film at the second Joedance Premieres event at Coco and the Director. You’ll get to view three films that all have a connection to the Carolinas and then be part of a Q&A session with the film makers. Friday, Nov. 8, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Take the light rail down to Charlotte Transportation Center and then walk two blocks up Trade Street.
- Relive the glory of your childhood with King of Pops’ free Field Day event! There will be 10 game stations, free pops, pizza, face painting, tie-dye t-shirts and a live DJ. You’ll even receive a free popsicle treat box when you leave. Saturday, Nov. 9, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Get off at the New Bern Station and walk up the Rail Trail towards Uptown; take a left on Remount Rd., and a right on Dunavant St. Total walk .4 miles.
- Brunch it in style with your four-legged friends at the Eight + Sand Kitchen’s Bow Wow Brunch, Sunday, Nov. 10. There will be free dog treats and cookies as well as a ‘gram worth back drop. Adoptable dogs will be onsite from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Take light rail to New Bern Station and you’ll be right there, ready for all the puppy play time.
Friday and Saturday
- Enjoy a whole new view of Uptown Charlotte with the 80-foot ferris wheel at the Eye on Tryon at Victoria Yards event. DJ Smitty will also be playing. Friday 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. and Saturday 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets: $8. Note that Victoria Yards becomes 21 and up after 8 p.m. Take the light to Charlotte Transportation Center and walk two blocks to Tyron Street.
- Get your stretch on and pet some sweet pups at the Flow for Fosters at Flower Child event. You’ll get to enjoy a 45-minute yoga class and then check out the Humane Society’s available foster dogs. Stick around afterwards for a healthy Sunday breakfast and get 10% off your order. Sunday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Take light rail to Bland Street Station, then walk one block over to 1537 Camden Rd. $5 to participate.
Photo credits: swingsuite.topgolf.com; charlotteonthecheap.com; charlotteagenda.com