Spring 2020 meal plan refunds
Students with meal swipe plans
- Per UNC System guidelines, students with meal swipe plans will receive a prorated refund for the meal swipe portion of their plan.
- The amount of the proration is based on the recommended campus departure date of March 20.
- Students will also receive a refund of their remaining declining balance (DB) funds.
Students with Straight DB plans
- Students with Straight Declining Balance plans will have their current balance and any rollover balance available through the end of summer semester (August 11, 2021).
- Students who do not enroll in fall 2020 classes by September 4, 2020, may be eligible for a refund.
- If eligible, graduating seniors with Straight Declining Balance plans may be refunded the remainder of their declining balance after they graduate.
- Graduating Seniors may request a refund of any remaining Optional Dining Account and/or 49er Account funds after they graduate. Check the 49er Account/ODA Refund Form for more information.
Students who are still living on campus
- Students who received an exception to stay on campus past March 20 will be contacted directly regarding details about their eligibility for refunds.
How to calculate your refund
View your declining balance funds at 49er Card Account Online.
|Meal plan type||Expected refund amount*|
(Original price minus DB = $1,900)
|$735.30 + Remainder of your declining balance|
|7 Day/200 Plan (Original price minus DB = $2,175)||$841.73 + Remainder of your declining balance|
|160/300 Plan (Original price minus DB = $1,675)
|$648.23 + Remainder of your declining balance|
|5 Day/200 Plan (Original price minus DB = $2,000)||$774 + Remainder of your declining balance|
|135/300 Plan (Original price minus DB = $1,415)||$547.61 + Remainder of your declining balance|
|85/300 Plan (Original price minus DB = $925)||$357.98 + Remainder of your declining balance|
|Straight DB ($875 or $1,200) and any rollover balance||Remainder of your current balance only for students graduating spring 2020|
*Refunds for meal swipe plans are calculated based on the 48 days remaining in the housing contract after March 20, 2020. The prorated refund is calculated from the original sales price minus the declining balance portion of the plan times 38.7%. In addition, the actual remaining declining balance will be added to the student’s refund.