Updated: Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, at 2:53 p.m.
Campus dining will be available starting Aug. 31. See Dine on Campus for open dining locations and operating hours.
Here’s what you can expect when dining on campus this fall:
All dining purchases are cashless
- Payment options include University meal plans, Declining Balance (DB), Optional Dining Account (ODA), 49er Account, debit/credit cards, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay.
- All retail orders must be placed through the Niner Diners Mobile Ordering app or kiosks at select locations.
Location changes and updates
- Beginning Sept. 26, Crown Commons will exclusively serve students. Faculty and staff are invited to dine at SoVi at South Village Crossing and any of our other retail dining locations. Niner Transit Gold and Green lines’ stops are located a short walking distance from SoVi.
- Bistro 49 and The Den in South Village Crossing have been repurposed into dining hall to-go options. Orders must be placed through the Niner Diners Mobile Ordering app. Look for Crown2Go and Flame2Go in the app. Students may use meal swipes as well as all other forms of cashless payment to purchase a meal.
- Grab Goodness, the microwaveable meal program, is now available as a to-go option at SoVi and Crown Commons. A meal swipe or equivalent door rate gets you a meal, drink and dessert. Ask the cashier at SoVi or Crown Commons for details.
- The Gold Room in Prospector will not open for faculty/staff lunch service this fall. This space will be used for overflow seating for Prospector patrons.
- The Fresh2U in Upper Prospector now features Subway Grab&Go.
- Salsarita's, Panda Express, Fretwell Cafe, Library Cafe, SoVi Market and Einstein Bros. Bagels at The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City are open this semester.
- The Student Union ID Office will be closed this fall. The 49er Card Office in Auxiliary Services Building will handle all ID needs and is currently available by appointment only. Make an appointment.
Dining Services is committed to providing a safe, clean and healthy dining environment for the campus community. Learn more about the precautions we are taking in our dining facilities.
What to expect: retail dining
What to expect: dining halls
Amended meal plans
Dining Services is offering amended meal plans that reflect the shortened in-person semester. These plans are available to all students and may be a good option for you if you would like a meal plan but do not plan to use it until Sept. 26. See new rates and information about selecting a meal plan. You have until Sept. 25 at noon to change or cancel a plan without incurring a fee. You may purchase a plan at any time.
Students who have 2020 Straight DB rollover from spring 2020 will receive a separate communication regarding access to these funds.
An Optional Dining Account (ODA) is a great alternative if you are unsure about purchasing a meal plan. ODA funds roll over each semester as long as you are enrolled. ODA can be used at all campus dining locations and convenience stores. Take advantage of ODA incentives by depositing $350 or more between now and Oct. 9.