Campus is filled with activity as students and their stuff start filling the resident halls. And come Monday morning, the roads, lots and decks on campus will fill with cars. Some will be driven by people who know where they’re going; others… well… not so much.
Here’s what you can expect Monday (and the first week or two of Fall Semester)
- Anyone who has any business to attend to on campus will be here, along with everyone who has class. Expect a lot of traffic and plan on exercising somepatience.
- If you don’t have your parking permit by Monday, you will be turned away from Main decks and lots and directed to where you can legally park until your permit is purchased.
- Based on class schedules, Mondays will be highest use days, with more cars entering campus earlier. Parking decks closest to campus core may be completely filled by 9:30 AM.
- On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, demand will be at peak from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
Parking during Peak Times
- The new North Deck is now open (across from Witherspoon Hall, next to Police and Public Safety) offering plenty of parking and a shuttle stop right outside.
- Instead of circling around crowded parking decks, park in a perimeter lot and ride the shuttle to class.
- Most parking in CRI campus is closed due to construction. Park somewhere along where the Red Line stops and take it to CRI.
Parking close does not necessarily save time
- Average time to find space in East Deck during peak use periods: 35 minutes. Shuttle from Lot 6 to campus center: 20 minutes (based on maximum bus run-time wait). Walk from Lot 6 to campus center: 10 minutes.
- Average time to find space in West Deck: 45 minutes. Shuttle from Lot 8 to campus center: 20 minutes (based on maximum bus run-time wait). Walk from Lot 8 to campus center: 15 minutes.
- Average time to find space in Union Deck: 35 minutes. Shuttle from North Deck to campus center: 20 minutes (based on maximum bus run-time wait). Walk from Lot 25 to campus center: 10 minutes.