Vending Services

Vending machines are placed liberally throughout campus. Auxiliary Services, in cooperation with our contracted vending partners, strive to keep prices lower in campus machines than are usually found off-campus.

Almost every snack and drink machine accepts 49er Account, debit/credit cards, mobile payment, dollar bills and change. In the snack machines, healthier choices are in the column to the right.

Vending refunds

Faculty, staff and students

You may request a refund online and funds can be placed on your 49er account.

ATTENTION: Debit/Credit Card Users: Your bank will place a HOLD on your account greater than the amount to purchase one or multiple items in a single transaction.  The HOLD amount will be updated to reflect the actual transaction amount within 24-72 hours depending on the policy of your bank.  Your final charge will be only for the items you vended and the final amount will be the same as cash. Any questions regarding your bank's policy on "account holds" should be directed to your bank.

Request Refund

Guests and visitors

If you do not have a 49er Account, you must request a refund directly from the vendor:

  • Coca Cola: 800-309-2653
  • Pepsi: 800-879-8884
  • Canteen: Scan QR Code at the machine to begin refund process or call 800-450-2646.

Report vending machine issue

The campus vending machines dispense more than 1.5 million units per year and, as a result, sometimes malfunction or run out of a product before they can be restocked. 

If you discover a beverage or snack machine that is not working properly, please tell us. Report vending malfunctions or out-of-stock products online or call 704-687-7352.

Report Issue

Vending Department personnel will contact the appropriate company as soon as the problem is reported. Canteen (snack vendor), Coke, and Pepsi make every effort to correct the problem as soon as they can.

Request for new machine

Requests for the placement of vending machines should be made in writing and sent to the Vending Department. Decisions as to the placement of vending machines are made on criteria specific to the type of machine. All placements are subject to approval by Auxiliary Services and the building authority responsible for the space in question.

If a modification of a current vending site is desired please send a letter requesting the change. The letter should specify:

  • desired change
  • whether a utility source is available to supply the machine
  • how the change will benefit the building users

Any utility improvement that needs to occur to accommodate the initial installation into a new building is done so at the expense of the Vending Department. Utility changes resulting from a request to move machines from an initial installation location to another location in the same building or the installation of a machine outside the primary location will be the responsibility of the requesting department.