Stocked with fresh coffee, snacks, energy and soft drinks, grab-and-go meals, and sandwiches, a Smart Market locations have opened in EPIC, Storrs and Martin Halls. Over 300 products are available, whenever the building is open.
- Offers snacks, drinks and meals, including more nutritious options.
- Starbucks premium coffee, ground and brewed fresh by the cup.
- 49er Account is available to use at Smart Market.
If users have requests for items to be stocked, email Rick Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How It Works
- Use a credit or debit card at the main kiosk or at any door.
- As you make selections, the system tracks the items you pick up from one cooler to the next, displaying your shopping cart at each door. Adding items to the cart does not commit you to buy; there's plenty of time to browse and change your mind. The system only charges for items you take away.
- Once you've finished shopping, visit the main kiosk to review your order, print a detailed receipt or simply walk away. Each transaction automatically closes out after 60 seconds.
- If you prefer to pay cash or plan to visit Smart Market often, create an account at the kiosk or online. You can access your transaction history, make account updates, or add funds online at any time. When shopping, you will be able to use your fingerprint, account card, QR code via the mobile app or your username.
The Vengo machine offers a wide variety of convenience items such as portable chargers, combination locks and personal hygiene supplies. The Vengo machine is located on the first floor of the UREC near the elevators, and is available during the UREC’s normal operating hours.
Pharmabox is a specialized distributor of over-the-counter (OTC) products and essentials. Our machine currently carries 82 different products and holds about 800 items, including face masks and hand sanitizer. The Pharmabox is located on the first floor of the Student Union next to the BB&T ATM and the public REPROS multi-function device.
Currently, Coca-Cola and Pepsi Cola products are offered in 20-ounce bottles in campus beverage machines.
Coca-Cola products available are Classic Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite (caffeine free), Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Powerade, and Dasani. Contractual requirements dictate the brands carried in these machines.
Pepsi Cola products are Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Code Red, Cherry Pepsi, Sierra Mist (caffeine-free), Diet Sierra Mist (caffeine-free), Caffeine Free Diet Mountain Dew, Schweppes Ginger Ale (caffeine-free), Gatorade, Sobe, Starbucks Frappuccino, and Aquafina. Contractual requirements dictate the brands carried in these machines.
Canteen Vending offers snacks in campus snack machines. Candy, chips, gum, cookies, crackers, nuts, pastries, and microwaveable popcorn are sold out of glass-front snack merchandisers. The machines carry national brand merchandise and regional favorites. Contractual requirements dictate the brands carried in these machines.
Water/Alternative Beverage Machines
We have Aquafina, Dasani, Rockstar, Gatorade, Sobe, and other brand machines on campus. Contractual requirements dictate the brands carried in these machines.
Currently, there are five coffee vending machines on campus: 2nd floor of the Denny building, Cone Center across from Main Street Market, lower level of Atkins Library, Woodward Hall and the Center City Building 5th Floor. Contractual requirements dictate the brands carried in these machines. These machines serve both standard and specialty coffee flavors. Smart Markets located in Storrs, EPIC and Martin Hall also provide coffee.
Office Coffee Service
UNC Charlotte contracts office coffee service to Canteen Vending. Please contact the Auxiliary Services office at 704-687-7352 if you are interested in this service.